ISSUE DATE: October 14, 2015
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2015
The Philadelphia Department of Commerce seeks proposals for creative services for the development of a publication to market the City of Philadelphia as a premier business location.
The goal is to create an updated strategic marketing piece which promotes Philadelphia as a highly desirable business location. The piece should stress Philadelphia’s unique value proposition: a diverse economy, a talented workforce, a strategic geographic location on the East Coast, and a high quality of life. City Officials will use the final product in the marketing of Philadelphia to business leaders and real estate professionals regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Scope of Services and Timing
Respondents should have demonstrated success and experience in the development of marketing publications and delivering the following services:
- Design Concept: Commerce currently uses a full-color, 8-page brochure with the dimensions 9” by 12”. The publication incorporates a back folder to hold tear sheets on industry sectors and other topics to create individualized packets for each client meeting. Building on this concept, the new marketing piece should accommodate standard 8.5” x 11” paper, however the design firm does not need to emulate the exact product that exists today. We encourage creative thinking in product design and color schemes.
Respondents can find an electronic copy of the current brochure at: www.phila.gov/commerce/Documents/Philadelphia_Smart.City_Smart.Choice.pdf
Respondents can find samples of Commerce’s current tear sheets at: www.phila.gov/smartchoice
In addition to the overall brochure design, a standard template for the inserts will need to be created in Microsoft Publisher. The design firm should use standard (or free) fonts.
Deliverables include print ready files of final brochure, an electronic copy of the brochure for digital sharing, an editable brochure file in Adobe InDesign, a template for inserts using Microsoft Publisher, and a style guide of fonts and colors used throughout the piece.
- Photography: Commerce has access to a library of photography, however the firm will need to provide photography services in instances where photography does not already exist and for portrait photography on an individual and/or group basis for up to 20 people.
- Layout & Copy Writing: The layout should be creative, clear, and easy to follow. Commerce will provide copy, but expects the firm to contribute to copy editing for clarity as it fits into the design of the piece.
Please note that printing and binding services are a separate contract.
Final deliverables are required by November 30, 2015.
Respondents should gather the following materials into a single pdf and submit them electronically to Rebecca Lopez Kriss at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight, October 25, 2015.
- A Written Statement of Qualifications and Experience, and related work samples: Describe the background, expertise and experience of the firm, demonstrating ability to provide the requested services. Please include the current number of employees at the firm. Please describe at least three successfully completed marketing publication projects produced within the past 24 months that relate to the project type and services described above and include sample deliverables of those projects. Please be sure to include any projects relating to economic development or the promotion of Philadelphia.
Note, Commerce encourages the creation of economic opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses in its projects, including professional services contracts such as are contemplated here. If respondents feel they are able to meet this criteria, they should note it in this section of their proposal.
- Project Team Description and Proposed Budget: Define team member roles including who will be the lead contact person and how the other team members will relate. Include resumes for all key staff to be assigned to the project. The budget should include any discounts offered for this engagement.
- Timeline: Please provide a detailed timeline of the project including the scope of services offered and breakdown of each task required to meet the November 30, 2015 project deadline. The expected start date of the project is November 1, 2015, and will include at least two presentations during the project duration. The project team’s ability to meet this timeline is critical.
- References: Please provide contact information for three individuals and their organizations for which the project team’s firms have performed successful similar projects in the last 24 months. Commerce may contact these references to inquire about overall performance, work style, individual staff capabilities and project administration.
The Department of Commerce will coordinate the evaluation and selection process, which includes any other stakeholders. Commerce retains the right to reject any and all proposals.
Factors that will be considered in the evaluation include:
- Quality, depth of specific relevant experience, and qualifications of the firm;
- Quality, depth of specific relevant experience, and qualifications of the project staff;
- Value (quality of service for billing structure)
Following an initial review of all proposals submitted, a short-list of applicants may be asked to make an oral presentation or submit additional information to members of the selection committee prior to selection.
Commerce intends to make a final selection by Friday, October 30, 2015.
The Respondent guarantees the marketing publication services will be satisfactory to Commerce, as required in this RFP. If Commerce is dissatisfied with the services, Commerce reserves the right to terminate any agreement for service resulting from this RFP at any time and be relieved of the obligation of continuing with any such agreement. All monies due to contractor for satisfactory and acceptable work completed up to the date of termination of the agreement will be paid upon termination of agreement.
Statements and creative concepts generated in response to this RFP become the sole property of Commerce. Any pricing must remain valid for 90 days. Commerce reserves the right to adjust the specifications or scope of work stated in this RFP.
Questions and Submission Due Date
All questions related to this opportunity should be posted in the comment section of this listing.
Facsimile proposals will not be accepted. Late or incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Timeline of RFP
- October 14 – RFP issued to design community and posted on Commerce’s website and bigideasphl.com
- October 25 – RFP Submission deadline
- Week of October 25 – Possible presentations from respondents
- October 30 – Final firm selection
- November 30 – Final product and deliverables due in electronic format
- December 1 – Printing