In 2015, the City of Philadelphia launched a program that allows people to post bail online. Although not an entirely new concept, Philadelphia is one of the largest municipalities to undertake an initiative like this, and subsequently wants to ensure that as many residents as possible understand how and when they can pay bail for a friend or family member electronically.
The BetterBail project is a joint initiative managed by the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Innovation & Technology, the Office of the Managing Director and the Courts, that seeks to implement a robust education, outreach and communications plan around electronic bail. The scope of work includes creating an education campaign; delivering information and training materials to relevant community stakeholder; reporting to an advisory team of internal City/Courts employees; and assisting in other project components as necessary.
SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES INCLUDE:
- Designing, printing and distributing brochures and other materials to individuals and organizations who interact with arrested individuals and their families
- Recommending updates to any relevant City/Courts websites that will raise awareness about electronic bail
- Conducting training/education workshops with staff and clients at relevant entities around Philadelphia, including but not limited to non-profit organizations, City departments and law clinics
- Significant knowledge of and access to Philadelphia’s reentry/criminal justice community
- Community organizing experience
- Interest in and passion for government and social justice
- Graphic design and communications experience
- Highly organized, self-starter attitude; must be able to work with little guidance and oversight
TIMELINE AND BUDGET
We anticipate this project lasting no more than 6 months – concluding in May/June 2017, if not earlier – and the total compensation, including printing, materials and incidental costs, is $4000, non-negotiable.
Responses should include a proposal that outlines your project approach and relevant experience, skills and interest. Examples of appropriate communications/education/curriculum material are strongly encouraged.
Interested parties should send their completed responses to email@example.com by 5:00pm on Wednesday, December 14, 2016.