DATE OF NOTICE: November 21
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL: December 16
CONTRACT AMOUNT: Not to exceed $32,000
CONTRACT DATE: February 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017
The Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) Public Affairs Division is seeking proposals from qualified consultants to assist PWD with content strategy and skill building to enable effective communication across a variety of channels.
PWD serves 2.5 million people in the City of Philadelphia and surrounding communities. The Public Affairs Division is a dedicated, customer-focused team. We use copy, infographics, photos, public art, signage and video to establish a meaningful connection with our customers and we are committed to providing them with reliable and timely information In addition, we serve external and internal customers by creating credibility for the Department and leading the Department in establishing a philosophy of customer sensitivity.
The PWD Public Affairs team is implementing a digital strategy focusing on the customer’s experience. A key component of the strategy is to align digital properties (currently varied and disparate) through standards and toolkits. In implementing this digital strategy, PWD Public Affairs has identified content as an opportunity for improvement. We are in search of professionals who can help us standardize our organization’s larger content strategy and provide training to employees to build internal skills.
First, we need help evaluating existing content for customer communications. Second, we need help standardizing the intake of content and the distribution across multiple channels. Finally, we would like our content strategist to improve the way future content is written, edited and presented to our customers.
We are open to one candidate with content strategy experience or a team of two individuals with a proven track record of working together to complete similar projects. Local candidates are preferred as training sessions are anticipated.
EXPECTATIONS OF WORK:
Work with the PWD Public Affairs team to:
- Establish content vision, principles, and goals that support the PWD Public Affairs strategic plan.
- Help us craft a comprehensive story which includes text, infographics, photos, art, video, etc.,
- Develop techniques and training for content audit and evaluation.
- Establish structure for content intake across multiple modalities.
- Determine nomenclature for tagging and findability (internal and external).
- Define standards for web content and offline content to help provide consistency.
- Provide guidelines for editing for voice, tone, and brand style.
- Establish content team workflow practices.
- Develop an understanding of PWD goals and objectives for customer communication.
- Conduct workshops that build internal skills.
- Lead working sessions to resolve problems we have identified.
- Experience conducting content workshops for content in multiple formats.
- Experience working as a government contractor.
- Participation in working sessions with the digital strategy tea
- Responses should include a proposal that outlines your project approach and all relevant experience, skills, and aptitudes including resume(s).
- The proposal must identify all personnel that will perform work on the project, by education level, skill set, experience level, job title, and fee.
- Please include a budget for the work and an estimate for any travel, if needed:
- Mileage and other travel related costs associated with the project.
Please send your proposal by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 16 to:
Proposals may also be sent via postal service by December 16, 2016 to:
Philadelphia Water Department – Public Affairs Division
1101 Market St. – 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Please post any questions as a comment below this solicitation so that additional information provided will be available for all to review. Any questions sent via email will be posted to the comment section.
Reservation of Rights Statement
The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and re-issue the notice of contract opportunity at any time prior to execution of a final contract, issue a new notice of contract opportunity with terms or conditions substantially different from those set forth in this notice of contract opportunity, or cancel this notice of contract opportunity with or without issuing a new notice of contract opportunity.
This notice of contract opportunity is subject to the reservation of rights as outlined in the Reservation of Rights on the eContract Philly website. The applicant agrees to the Reservation of Rights by virtue of submitting its application to the City