City of Philadelphia Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT), on behalf of Department Prisons (PDP), is seeking proposals from qualified vendors to develop web service interfaces between eClinicalWorks’ eClinicalWorks EHR (eCW), the City’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, and PDP’s new Integrated Jail Management System (IJMS). This project supports the City’s IJMS Project to replace PDP’s legacy Jail Management System.
The objective associated with this opportunity is to develop and implement web services to be transmitted over HTTPS for the five IJMS EMR messages using HL7 specifications and interface logic that exists in the current production IJMS. These include:
- ADT Inbound IJMS to eCW
- ACT Inbound IJMS to eCW
- ADT Outbound eCW to IJMS
- SIU Outbound eCW to IJMS
- ORU Outbound eCW to IJMS
The applicant will be expected to work with eCW and PDP to capture specific requirements associated with the messages above including but not limited to interface fields, transformations and business logic in a requirements document. These messages are currently functioning in support of the legacy IJMS, Lock&Track. The City already has resources aligned to reconfigure message endpoints for the new IJMS on the City’s middleware platform. The City is seeking resources to develop the corresponding eCW-based interface engine for these messages.
eCW’s system is hosted remotely on a platform under its control. To successfully accomplish the work described in this request, the applicant must be authorized by eCW to administrate this platform. The City is a customer of eCW, but the City cannot provide this authorization.
Scope of Work
Software Setup (One-Time Cost – Initial Implementation)
- Two (2) inbound to eCW interfaces (ACT and ADT inbound) and three (3) outbound from eCW interfaces (ADT, SIU and ORU outbound) – One Time Setup – Include breakdown of any subscriptions, licensing or other software costs.
Software Hosting (Recurring Annual Cost)
- Provide the recurring cost of hosting any software external to the eCW environment that will be invoked to host these services. Include breakdown of any subscriptions, licensing or other recurring software costs.
Professional Services (Requirements Analysis & Information Gathering)
- Provide the estimated hours, hourly rate, and subtotal for the initial consultation with City and eCW. The City will provide the necessary information to bring these parties together.
- Provide the estimated hours, hourly rate, and subtotal for consulting and coordination with eCW and the City for configuration and testing of configured interfaces and development of Operations Manual that provides eCW with information required to manage the solution.
Deliverables and Time Frame
- Project kick off and Initial Consultation – Project Start + 1 week
- 1 hour call with City and eCW. Provide minutes.
- Business Requirements Document – Project Start + 3 weeks
- Document comprising functional and technical requirements for the five eCW messages
- Conditional Acceptance of Test results – Project Start + 10 weeks
- Milestone payment reflecting successful end-to-end testing of the messaging functionality
- Final Acceptance of solution / Operations Manual – Project Start + 14 weeks
- Milestone payment reflecting successful post implementation review of recurring daily data feed and final approval of Operations Manual for web services authored by applicant
Please post all questions about this opportunity in the comments section. The City will make an effort to respond to questions within one business day.
Your proposal should include a short description of your qualifications including written authorization from eCW to work on this project, experience with similar projects, an overview of your firm or organization and a brief description of your solution. You may include architectural diagrams of the proposed solution and URLs for any online examples you may have. Please provide a fixed-fee Not-To-Exceed price for this project. Please also include detailed breakdown reflecting: 1) an hourly rate and the number of hours associated with each required task, and other costs related to 2) subscriptions, 3) licensing and/or 4) cloud services if applicable.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday, January 31 at 12:00 pm EST. Late submissions will not be considered. Please limit the size of the proposal document to a maximum of 30 pages.
Terms and Conditions
If an applicant is selected to perform this work, he or she may be asked to enter into a contract with the City. Please see Miscellaneous Purchase Order Terms.pdf for the Terms and Conditions associated with this contract.