The Office of Complete Streets, as part of the Managing Director’s Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems (oTIS)is seeking quotes for proposals to design a website to ensure all eligible Philadelphia residents are aware of the Vision Zero effort to reduce traffic related fatalities to zero. Almost 100 people die every year in traffic crashes within Philadelphia; four of ten are pedestrians. In addition, four children are injured every day in traffic crashes.
On November 7, 2016, Mayor James F. Kenney signed Executive Order 11-16, creating the Vision Zero Task Force. By doing so, the City of Philadelphia joins cities around the world in declaring that traffic crashes are not accidents; they are preventable incidents that can be systematically addressed.
Through an equitable approach to education, engineering, and enforcement, Vision Zero in Philadelphia will build on the City’s traffic safety efforts, with the ultimate goal of reducing all traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries to zero by 2030.
The City of Philadelphia Vision Zero Task Force is tasked with:
- Establishing short-term and long-term data-driven strategies with measurable goals for achieving zero traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries;
- Determining best practices, identifying gaps, and supporting the development and implementation of a Vision Zero Action Plan;
- Engaging and educating the public around the issue of traffic safety.
The Office of Complete Streets is therefore seeking a company to use the branding previously developed to design and implement a website for this initiative and raise awareness of Vision Zero and the need for all Philadelphians to join the effort.
Proposals must be under $32,000, and firms should demonstrate how they will achieve the following:
- Provide an easily updateable website using wordpress, similar to other cities (NYC, San Francisco, DC, LA), with a focus on creating a clear, understandable, and effective website to raise awareness of Vision Zero and the need to reduce traffic fatalities.
- Web development work will include site design, site structure, development, and CMS training. No ongoing site maintenance is included in this project scope.
- Website must be translated into Spanish and 4 other languages or use a translation widgeT
- Work collaboratively with oTIS’ Vision Zero branding designer to ensure the visual identity is incorporated in to the website design.
All deliverables must be made available in both the original format to the City. All materials produced will become the property of the City.
Successful respondents should be able to meet the following proposed deadlines:
|January 9, 2017||Notice of City’s request for services distributed|
|January 18, 2017 5pm||Proposals due electronically to Kelley.email@example.com|
|January 25, 2017||Successful company notified|
|January 27 , 2017||Meeting with Complete Streets|
|February 24, 2017||Drafts provided to Complete Streets|
|March 7, 2017||Final design work provided to Complete Streets|
Complete Streets will provide all details about Vision Zero and any necessary information to assist with the planning and design of the campaign. Proposals are due by 5pm on January 18, 2017, and must be provided electronically to Kelley Yemen, Director of Complete Streets, City of Philadelphia Office of Complete Streets, at Kelley.Yemen@phila.gov . All questions must be submitted via email to Kelley Yemen by January 12th by 5pm. Responses will be provided to all questions via email on January 13th, 2017 by 5pm.
Proposals must include:
- Name, address, and telephone number of firm;
- Description of Provider (corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership, consortium) and year formed;
- State if the firm is qualified to do business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the City of Philadelphia. Include all that apply: federal tax identification number, City of Philadelphia tax identification number, City of Philadelphia business license number.
- Name, title and business address of persons to whom communications respecting this activity should be directed, if different from above.
Organizational Description and Experience
Complete the following information:
- Provide a general statement describing the firm, its size, number of employees, hours of operation and primary business areas.
- Provide a description of the firm’s experience performing similar size/type projects for similar size/type clients. Include dates, locations and scale of these services. Provide contacts for 3 recent (within the last 3 years) clients for whom the firm has performed similar work.
Proposed Staffing & Schedule
- Describe the staffing plan for this project, and hiring plan if necessary. Please provide training and experience qualifications for each individual.
- Indicate the proposed timeline for completing the project for anticipated project tasks, including final completion, and any key dependencies.
Project Understanding & Statement of Qualifications
- All applicants must demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the project.
- All applicants must explain why they are qualified to perform the work required.
Proposals must be under $32,000.