REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Fundraising and Capital Campaign Development
For the Fairmount Water Works IC
DATE OF NOTICE: January 20, 2017
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL: February 3, 2017
CONTRACT AMOUNT: Not to exceed $32,000
CONTRACT DATE: February 15 – June 30, 2017
PWD seeks an agency, firm, or business to perform the following tasks:
- Elevate the position of the IC as a premier environmental education destination and worthy recipient of private and public grant funding.
- Identify relevant grant opportunities and the writing and management of grant submittals.
- Implement and manage a donor tracking database that can be used for mailings, emails, social media and other communication mediums to continually engage donors and potential donors.
- Assist with the development of events related to funding and donor engagement’
The Department requires at least the services listed below, including the specific tasks and work activities described. Applicant’s proposed scope of work should state how it will carry out each task, including the personnel/job titles responsible for completing the task. Applicants may propose additional or revised tasks and activities, but should explain why each is necessary to achieve the project objectives. Applicants should refer to the FWWIC website to gain and understanding of the programs and priorities. (http://www.fairmountwaterworks.org/). Applicants should also visit www.phillywatersheds.org to gain an understanding of PWD’s current customer initiatives and communication strategies.
- Marketing Support and Initiatives.
- Prospect Development and
- Grant Support: Data and Materials,
- Fundraising Infrastructure and Oversight,
a. Fundraising infrastructure and management to provide stewardship of the two William Penn Foundation multi-year grants, and the recent grants from The Pew Center for Arts and Heritage, VWR Scientific Foundation, DEP and The McLean Contributionship and the development of new prospects for the FWW’s capital priorities.
b. Grant Support via Data Management and Materials to include completion of the Cultural Data Project (CDP) data compilation for fiscal years 2014 and 2015 to capture data which includes salaries and fringe, revenue, money contributions, program activity, attendance, website activity, admissions/ticketing prices, and staff & non-staff statistics. This work will include the management of programs such as Guidestar, the Philanthropy NetworkCommon Grant Application, and other identified donor management programs.
c. Prospect Development to include the support and management of donor cultivation events and seasonal and annual appeal campaigns, reporting related to all donor appeal events for fundraising and tax purposes, building a robust email and social media campaign, management and updating of the Donor Perfect database.
d. Programmatic Support to include working to develop a strategy for funding priority capital and programming initiatives working with major funders in the region. These actitvities can include:
- Development of development campaign(s) and implementation of an effective communications strategy public engagement activities
- Conduct donor analysis for specific programs and projects
- Lead message development and brand consistency for specific programs and projects in grant applications and marketing
- A proposal that outlines all relevant experience, skills and aptitudes.
- Please include a dollar amount to include the funding for the various services as outlined under the project scope
PLEASE SEND YOUR PROPOSAL BY FEBRUARY 3, 2017 TO:
Karen Young, Director
PWD – Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center
640 Water Works Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Reservation of Rights Statement
The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and re-issue the notice of contract opportunity at any time prior to execution of a final contract, issue a new notice of contract opportunity with terms or conditions substantially different from those set forth in this notice of contract opportunity, or cancel this notice of contract opportunity with or without issuing a new notice of contract opportunity.
This notice of contract opportunity is subject to the reservation of rights as outlined in the Reservation of Rights on the eContract Philly website. The applicant agrees to the Reservation of Rights by virtue of submitting its application to the City.