REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Strategic Communication and Implementation
Fairmount Water Works – Interpretive Center
DATE OF NOTICE: March 6, 2017
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL: March 20, 2017
CONTRACT AMOUNT: Not to exceed $32,000
CONTRACT DATE: March 27, 2017 – June 30, 2017
- Project Details
PWD seeks an agency, firm, business or non-profit organization to assist us in our efforts to raising the profile of the FWWIC as an environment education destination and broaden our ability to educate our citizens on the stormwater/water quality connection. Respondents should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Elevate the position of the FWWIC as destination and historic attraction, via story connections to the FWWIC’s exhibit upgrades, and innovative programming generated internally and externally with stakeholders and partners.
- Raise awareness, drive attendance to the FWWIC’s ongoing programs including Schuylkill Soundings, Culture & Conversation and other adult programs, tours and special events. Adult programming to occur at least quarterly within the fiscal year.
- Introduce and interest tour operators to the FWWIC as a major and important destination in an effort to increase adult visitors. Connect FWWIC through cross-promotion and partner activities with planned events like the 2018 Centennial celebration of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- Position the FWWIC as a “go to” destination among local and national visitor centers. Align FWWIC with city wide efforts to promote Philadelphia as a World Heritage site.
- Build and strengthen the FWWIC brand through strategic media placements and advertising. Recommend media strategies around PWD customer oriented initiative including bill affordability and rates, drinking water quality, hydrant abuse.
- Develop and implement comprehensive public information and media strategy around water quality issues and other topics as required.
- Coordinate meetings to identify critical topics, develop agendas based on key PWD issues/ needs, and manage meeting logistics and communication in regards to media strategies.
- A proposal that outlines all relevant experience, skills and aptitudes.
- Please include a dollar amount to include the funding for the various services as outlined under the project scope
PLEASE SEND YOUR PROPOSAL BY MARCH 20, 2017 TO:
Barbara Scott, Administrative Assistant
Philadelphia Water Department – Public Affairs Division
1101 Market St. – 3rd Floor ARAMARK Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Reservation of Rights Statement
The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and re-issue the notice of contract opportunity at any time prior to execution of a final contract, issue a new notice of contract opportunity with terms or conditions substantially different from those set forth in this notice of contract opportunity, or cancel this notice of contract opportunity with or without issuing a new notice of contract opportunity.
This notice of contract opportunity is subject to the reservation of rights as outlined in the Reservation of Rights on the eContract Philly website. The applicant agrees to the Reservation of Rights by virtue of submitting its application to the City.