The City of Philadelphia (“City”) is embarking on an initiative to modernize its administrative business processes and related legacy technology systems that currently support its business operations. As part of this initiative, the City, through its Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) on behalf of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) intends to procure WingSwept’s Case Management and Tracking System (CMTS).
The City is requesting responses for 1) the installation and configuration and 2) on-site training of the WingSwept CMTS as follows:
Installation and configuration
- installation of the software in a VM environment on City servers
- software configuration of roles, permissions, custom fields, form fields, workflows, notifications, managing users, teams, and other system options
- reports, notifications, and configuring system text
- templates, document sign-off, and historical case data
- team implementation and review sessions
- importing data stored in standard file formats, e.g., CVS, XLS, etc.
- 3 custom reports
On-Site Training includes:
- covering the system features / functionality
- 1 day instructor led, on-site, hands-on training for 15 – 20 individuals
- learning/understanding resources that support the system
Responses should include a company overview, a detailed description of the implementation and training methodology, itemized costs, previous experience, and references.
Responses must be received by February 9, 2017 before 5:00 PM (Local Philadelphia Time). Email responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email all questions no later than 5:00 pm, Local Philadelphia Time, by January 17, 2018, 2017 to email@example.com.
Responses to questions will be posted on or before January 26, 2018.
Please Note: We expect to procure these services via a Miscellaneous Purchase Order (MPO). Please review the MPO Terms & Conditions and indicate if you would have any issues with the terms.