The City of Philadelphia’s Office of Open Data & Digital Transformation is seeking web analytics support for phila.gov.
We’ve been undergoing a massive overhaul of the 70+ department websites on various platforms, reorganizing and rewriting them on a new, more user-friendly, largely consolidated platform. We started by building out the new platform in parallel to the existing sites (as alpha.phila.gov, then beta.phila.gov), transitioning content over incrementally, and continuing to build new platform features as we go.
In August 2018 the new platform became phila.gov. Legacy sites still exist under the merged phila.gov domain as we continue to transition their content (example). Other sites are intentionally separate, such as applications and external departments, and are on separate domains or subdomains.
- Increase our insight of how effective our features and content is for our users: specifically how well they’re able to find the information they’re looking for.
- Identify opportunities for improvements around functionality, navigation, layout, content gaps, SEO, etc.
- Review or replace our metrics to help us measure whether our efforts “move the needle” at a high level.
- Understand how to continue this work in-house (through knowledge transfer).
Please send a brief proposal of how you could help us meet these goals to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. EDT. Proposals should include:
- A bit about who you are and your qualifications. If you’re a firm, please include details about the specific staff who would be working with us.
- Your proposed scope and associated cost (options are great, e.g. short-term engagement, longer-term retainer).
- A high-level project plan and timeline.
Please note that:
- We expect to begin in November or early December 2018.
- The engagement cannot run beyond June 30th, 2019.
- The contract vehicle being used for this engagement — the terms and conditions for which are available here — has a maximum value of $34,000.
Please do not send private questions about this RFP by email. If you have a question, please post it below in the comments section. We’ll respond to your question publicly, so all applicants have the same information.