ISSUE DATE: January 15, 2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL: February 19, 2019
CONTRACT AMOUNT: Not to exceed $34,000
CONTRACT TIME FRAME: April 2019 – June 2019
The Philadelphia Department of Revenue seeks proposals for a desktop texting application that can send and receive text messages. Revenue will use this application to support case management to reach property owners who are the foreclosure, have already provided City staff with contact phone numbers, and need to take additional steps to come into tax compliance, such as completing Owner Occupied Payment Agreements (“OOPA’s”), making a standard payment agreement, or catching up with missing installment payments on an existing agreement, to avoid losing their property in a Sheriff Sale. These owners will consent to text messaging as a means of communication.
We anticipate piloting this outreach method with a single team, but could scale department-wide in the future.
Scope of Services
This application should have an administrator interface that can:
- Send and receive SMS text messages from a desktop computer to individuals
- Track conversations, and allow for exporting records of conversations
- Support multiple users
- Ability to upload batches of phone numbers from a file
- Ability to send the same message to multiple recipients, and manage individual responses from recipients
- Support auto-response
- Optional: support sending and receiving pictures
- Optional: message scheduling
- Texting application, including all code and open source licensing to share and reuse this code. (The intention for this application may include making this code public, or sharing within other government agencies for their reuse or adaptation.)
- Training for staff, including industry best practices
- Hand off, that includes documentation for use of the application, documentation of the code, and a timeframe for future support
Respondents should gather the following materials into a single pdf and submit them electronically to Rebecca Lopez Kriss at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight, Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
- A written statement of qualifications and experience, and related work samples: Describe the background, expertise and experience of the firm, demonstrating ability to provide the requested services. Please include the current number of employees at the firm. Please describe at least three successfully completed projects produced within the past 24 months that relate to the project type and services described above and include sample deliverables of those projects. Note, Revenue encourages the creation of economic opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses in its projects, including professional services contracts such as are contemplated here. If respondents feel they can meet these criteria, they should note it in this section of their proposal.
- Proposed Budget/Pricing: Include pricing for all aspects of the project, including any future maintenance or support costs. Indicate the structure of the pricing (fixed price, cost per message, cost per user, or other). The budget should include any discounts offered for this engagement.
- Timeline: Please provide a detailed timeline of the project with a breakdown of tasks required to complete the project before our deadline of June 30, 2019.
- References: Please provide contact information for three individuals and their organizations for which the project team’s firms have performed successful similar projects in the last 24 months. Revenue may contact these references to inquire about overall performance, work style, individual staff capabilities and project administration.
The Department of Revenue will coordinate the evaluation and selection process, which includes any other stakeholders. Revenue retains the right to reject any and all proposals.
Factors that will be considered in the evaluation include:
- Quality, depth of specific relevant experience, and qualifications of the firm;
- Quality, depth of specific relevant experience, and qualifications of the project staff;
- Value (quality of service for billing structure)
Following an initial review of all proposals submitted, a short-list of applicants may be asked to make an oral presentation and demonstration of the product, over the phone, via web meeting, or in person, or submit additional information to members of the selection committee prior to selection.
The Respondent guarantees the services will be satisfactory to Revenue, as required in this RFP. If Revenue is dissatisfied with the services, Revenue reserves the right to terminate any agreement for service resulting from this RFP at any time and be relieved of the obligation of continuing with any such agreement. All monies due to contractor for satisfactory and acceptable work completed up to the date of termination of the agreement will be paid upon termination of agreement.
Statements and creative concepts generated in response to this RFP become the sole property of Revenue. Any pricing must remain valid for 90 days. Revenue reserves the right to adjust the specifications or scope of work stated in this RFP.
All questions related to this opportunity should be posted in the comment section of this listing no later than February 7, 2019.
Facsimile proposals will not be accepted. Late or incomplete proposals will not be considered.